How To Get Backlinks To Your Website – 7 Sure Fire Ways!
What Is A Backlink?
Backlinks are simply links like this one that come from another website or blog and point back to your site. I’m sure you will have heard backlinks being discussed by SEO experts and those people who taught you online marketing. So there you are – no great mystery!
Why Are Backlinks Important?
- Learning how to get backlinks is important, because backlinks send you traffic. If someone clicks your link on the other website that means they are coming to your website. This traffic is usually ‘pre-sold’ – meaning somebody has recommended your site, and the user arrives at your site in a positive frame of mind. ‘Pre-sold’ visitors are more likely to buy from you than a visitor coming directly from search engines.
- Backlinks boost your reputation, when you get a link from other well trusted sites, it is a good selling point. You can advertise this to your users, increasing their trust in you and making them more likely to buy from you.
- Search engines now represent the majority of traffic that websites get and backlinks boost your search engine ranking by passing on PageRank. PageRank is a measure of all inbound links to a page which Google and other search engines treat like a vote for the website that is being linked to. The more incoming links a website has the more likely you are to rank well in the search engines.
- Every link has anchor text, which is simply the words the user sees on on the blue, underlined link (called ‘hyperlink’). This anchor text provides search engines with further information about the page that is being linked to. Webmasters often overlook building links with descriptive anchor text and are missing out on further ‘link juice’.
How To Get Backlinks To Your Website – 7 Techniques!
- Write A High Quality Ebook That You Could Normally Sell And Give Away For Free - Include valuable links back to your website in the article and links to valuable services in your industry that have affiliate programs. Offer the ebook as an incentive to join your lists. Remember the ebook should be good enough to sell but you are giving it away for free.
- Start A YouTube Channel And Place Links In Your Channel And Video Descriptions - YouTube videos get indexed very quickly. Create short videos and upload as many as you can to YouTube. Make sure your links are in your video and in your channel descriptions. If you do not know how to make videos here are a couple of services which make it easy:
- Comment On Other Relevant Blogs - Find the top blogs in your industry and make regular intelligent comments. Most blog comments allow a link back to your website. If you write interesting comments people can click on these links. Plus they are highly relevant links on top rated sites in your industry. This is a very powerful technique. I have checked the back links of some of the top backlink experts and I noticed that the majority of their links are coming from other blogs. If you find this process too time consuming, there is commenting software available that can help streamline your commenting.
- Write Original Articles And Manually Submit Them To Article Directories - You can start with Ezinearticles.com and iSnare.com. I usually use manual submissions to article directories, even though I have reliable article submission software. By using the top 4 or 5 directories this doesn’t take too long.
- Submit Your Rss Feed To Rss Feed Directories - You have more RSS feeds than you think you do. Your YouTube accounts, Twitter, Facebook Notes, your blog, your article directory accounts, your podcasts all have rss feeds which are easy to access and submit. If you get these feeds submitted to the major RSS directories you will then enjoy backlinks from these highly ranked sites.
- Use The 50/50 Facebook Rule To Increase Backlinks - Spend about half your time on Facebook visiting other peoples fanpages in your niche and being helpful in that community and the other half of your time adding quality content to your Facebook fanpage. Do not post any direct links on other people’s fanpages. People will see your link to your Facebook fanpage when you make helpful comments. If you make interesting comments many will click on your username and like your fanpage. They will then have access to your quality content and have the opportunity to share your content with other users. Make sure all your commenting is done from your fanpage account.
- Claim and Review Your Website on Alexa.com - Speaking of whois domain database type of websites let us not forget about Alexa. If you have any traffic to your domain Alexa probably has some basic info on your website already. However, you can claim your Alexa page, verify your website and write a more complete profile with accurate and more favorable information to you. You can also review your site or have others review your site and include a link back to your websites in your profile.
Regardless of how diligent you are with other SEO factors, your efforts will futile if you do not continuously focus on backlinking to your site from a wide variety of sources. Learning how to get backlinks is one of the critical SEO skills to learn to increase the visibility and traffic to your site.